Can you find out anywhere online if a person has an active life insurance policy?
Yes, the only option left to find out online if a person has an active life insurance policy is through the Medical Information Bureau’s website http://www.mibsolutions.com/lost-life-insurance/. The MIB will clearly show if a person had applied with any insurance company and it holds records of the last 15 years. However, you will have to individually follow up with each and every insurance company and find out online if any of them had issued a policy to the person. If so, then you can easily find out if the policy is still active or not. This can be ascertained from the concerned insurance policy. There is no other online source available to help you to find out if a person has an active life insurance policy. Unless you are the owner of the policy, even the insurance firm cannot tell you if someone has a life insurance policy.
- How do I find out if someone that has died had a life insurance policy?
- How do I cash in on a life insurance policy?
- If I have life insurance, does my beneficiary need a copy of the policy?
- What exactly is life insurance and how does it work?
- What’s the difference between the insurance policy number and the group number?